Monday, December 15, 2008

Albums of 2008 That I Did Not Hear, But Want To

Now that I've gotten the introduction to this thing out of the way, let's knock out one of the more boring lists I managed to come up with for 2008!

STUFF I DID NOT LISTEN TO FOR UNKNOWN REASONS, EVEN THOUGH MOST OF THESE ALBUMS ARE BY ARTISTS I WOULD USUALLY CHECK OUT, I MEAN, WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Black Mountain - In The Future
Keep on hearing a lot about these folks. I’ll have to check it soon.

Bob Mould - District Line
Along with his work with Sugar, delving into Bob Mould’s post Husker Du work is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. There’s always 2009!

Los Campesinos! - Both releases
I figure if enough people I know who like good things like this band, there’s a pretty good chance I’ll like it too. Just saying.

Millencolin - Machine 15
You can’t hate Millencolin. If you do, you’re heartless. I just missed this one, plain and simple.

Sun Kil Moon - April
2008 slowly brought me into the world of the Red House Painters, but not in time for me to check this album by Mark Kozelek’s post RHP project.

Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst
This album is probably good. I just didn’t hear it.

GZA - Pro Tools
Once again, it’s probably good. I’m a bit hesitant to check it out given the quality of his last couple of solo albums, but Liquid Swords holds such a high place in my mind that I’m always willing to give The Genius the benefit of the doubt.

Islands - Arm's Way
While in some instances on this list, I at least heard one or two songs, I somehow did not manage to hear a single note from this album.

Wolf Parade - At Mt. Zoomer
Exact same case as the Islands album mentioned above.

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie
2008 was a big year for Deerhoof in my book, but it was mainly me playing catch-up, and not checking this album out.

Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
I’m hearing conflicting things about it. Some say it’s good, others say it’s the most boring Of Montreal album they’ve ever heard.

Ryan Adams And the Cardinals - Cardinology
I own almost everything this dude has put out since Heartbreaker, but still haven’t managed to pick this one up.

Q-Tip - The Renaissance
One of my favorite rappers puts out an album, and yet I’m hesitant to listen. Could still be the aftershocks from seeing him in a music video with the Black Eyed Peas when I was in the mall once.

No comments:

Post a Comment